353 205

FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER $200



2020 - BORIS CHAMPY - "Petit Aigle" Santenay Rouge, Burgundy

Regular price $110.00

Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Boris Champy has been fortunate for the opportunity to take over some of the oldest biodynamic vineyards in Burgundy. Taking on the vineyards of Didier Montchovet in 2019, Boris Champy believes that the Hautes-Côtes has an exciting future ahead of it, particularly thanks to their attitude within the context of global warming. Champys's vineyards have been biodynamically farmed since planted in 1984 and together with the neighbouring winegrowers, he is determined to continue building the reputation of the wines from this superb yet little-known winegrowing region.

The "Petit Aigle" label. Since 2010, a small grape buying activity has complemented the estate’s wine production. These Purchases are vinified with the philosophy of the estate and sourced from winegrowers in Organic or Biodynamic Agriculture. This is the opportunity to offer complementary wines, from plots of cold climates, with the specificity of their terroir and the know-how of Domaine Boris Champy. 

 

Santenay Rouge "Petit Aigle"

Certified Organic. Pinot Noir from Santenay, the southernmost appellation of the Côte d'Ôr. 70% of the the fruit is de-stemmed leaving 30% whole bunch. A gentle extraction during fermentations and then aged the wine for 12 months in large oak barrels.